What is Hypnotherapy?
Hypnotherapy is a type of complementary therapy that uses hypnosis, which is an altered state of consciousness.
Hypnosis is used as a treatment for various long-term conditions and for breaking certain habits.
Hypnotherapy can be applied to a wide range of medical, dental and psychological problems. Areas of application include anxiety and stress conditions, weight control, addictive behaviours (including smoking, alcohol and substance misuse) and confidence issues. Hypnotherapy is also used to enhance performance in several areas such as sport and public speaking.
The Hypnotherapy Practitioner
4 days live training with Steve Adams, Master Hypnotherapist.
- The secret ingredients for becoming a successful hypnotherapist
- How to identify and work with different levels of trance
- What values, beliefs, skills, and capabilities will you need to become a successful hypnotherapist.
- Self Hypnosis
- Specific hypnotic language patterns and the use of ” clean” therapy, with the solution coming from the client.
- How the unconscious mind functions in comparison to conscious thought processes, and how metaphors can be used to prepare a client session.
- A number of inductions suitable for hypnotherapy, including some stage techniques that are also applicable in a therapeutic setting.
- How to put together a simple client session, which will become useful when taking your skills to the next level as a hypnotherapy practitioner.
- How to waken a client as safely as possible from a trance state, and what to do if the client refuses to wake up!
- Rapid induction set will provide an additional set of tools that will allow you to run effective demonstrations to groups, thereby increasing your potential client base.
During the course you will spend a lot of time either being put into trance or inducing trance in your colleagues. It really is a seriously relaxing way to learn.
The Hypnotherapy Practitioner is also an accredited course; after successful completion you will be awarded certification as a ‘CERTIFIED PRACTITIONER IN HYPNOTHERAPY’ as recognised by the Association for Integrative Psychology.